Tuesday, December 20, 2011

WHAT IS PEEP SHOW

The making of the original PEEP SHOW
Trying to describe what peep show is can get a little difficult, since its basically just my life.  It’s a world I created for inspiration and experience.  It’s a world I had little connection to though something more was drawing me in, at the time I didn’t know what it was. Doing things as I do, I jumped right into this world never looking back.  It’s been years of muses, love, passion, drama, death and chaos all the ingredients any artist could appreciate.  As time progressed I started seeing the connection, maybe it was being a girl in this world, being open and willing, and most of just being curious but I became a human confessional to some very dark topics.  The things  I was now part of, involved with and experiencing will last a life time.   

The PEEP SHOW series started in 2010, as a documentary experiment just coming out of photography school. The original series ended in 25 self portraits that became the picture book of my documentary. It was a story that became my personal life, and yet I hardly believe it.  PEEP SHOW was unveiled April 9, 2011  at Loft Beats, a resident art loft of the Pomona Arts Colony.  Due to the great success of my first solo art exhibit, I’ve now adopted PEEP SHOW as my ongoing ever evolving art series of my life.

Now with quite a bit of experience under my belt in both the art world and life, im ready to tackle PEEP SHOW 2.  This round im trying to branch out even more then I already have.  My goal is to incorporate fine art, photography, books, clothing and culture all into PEEP SHOW.  Being a 2 part series this round part will deal with the fine art of “how to be girl“, while the other being a book based on image “don’t judge a book by it’s cover.”  I’ve spent my time with the best and worst of people by societies standards and I’ve learned never to judge a book by its cover.  And thanks to all the girls in my life who have supported me though all these adventures well those are the paintings that are coming, they have a few lessons to teach the world.  We have a few more to learn together and as always im going to wrap it up in a pretty package and give you PEEP SHOW 2. It all goes hand in hand.

xxxooo
.:ak:.

No comments:

Post a Comment